Day 5 – World-renowned.
You made it to the last day of your challenge! Take a couple days to relax before you stand in front of a classroom again. Today’s focus is internationally recognized resources.
Global Science Resources
- Khan Academy This site contains high quality instructional videos generally 10 minutes in length about several topics. I have used this site quite extensively and highly recommend it for students. Topics include biology, chemistry, organic chemistry, healthcare and medicine, physics, cosmology, astronomy and computer science. The videos are easy to follow and great lesson plan supplements.
- Fable is a UK software company that creates science-based 3D gaming and rich web applications for students. This is the future of science learning! Fable provides software for mathematics, chemistry, and physics. You can sign up for demo versions but other versions are available for cost.
- Science Education International This quarterly journal of the International Council of Associations for Science Education (ICASE) was established in 1973 to extend and improve education in science for all children and youth by assisting member associations throughout the world. The journals are available as PDFs for no cost.
Questions to Consider
Use the questions below to identify ways you can use this information to help you, your classroom, and your school improve. Is this resource useful to me? Use these questions as a guide.
- How can I use this resource to improve my content knowledge?
- How could I use this in my classroom?
- Who else might want to know about this resource?
- Would talented and gifted, English as a second language, developmentally delayed, or another category of students benefit from use of this resource?
You are done with the challenge. Write any follow up items on your to do list. I hope you were able to learn something new and have fun. Have a great day!